Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Thumbnails Occasionally Not Display on Front Page

Thumbnails Occasionally Not Display on Front Page 3 weeks 6 days ago #1001

• chepp
  • Новый участник
I have an occasional issue where the thumbnail does not display on the front page blog view. It looks to me like it could be a caching issue where the thumbnail is no longer available or reachable - just a guess though. The front page is the only time I have the issue, so I suspect it has to do with the Blog view - there are no issues within the articles themselves.

When the problem does occur refreshing the page does not resolve the problem right away, but eventually the thumbnails do come back. The problem affects all the thumbnails at once, so when they don't appear, none appear but when they come back they all come back. I have a hard time troubleshooting the issue because it is intermittent and I'm typically in a position to work on it when it happens.

This issue has been going on for quite a while, including the previous version of mAvik Thumbnails and Joomla. I'm currently on a shared hosting plan running Joomla! 3.8.3, mAvik thumbnails 2.2.5 and PHP 7.0.27.

Any ideas on what is causing it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thumbnails Occasionally Not Display on Front Page 3 weeks 6 days ago #1002

• chepp
  • Новый участник
I think I figured out what is happening. There is a different plugin that is caching the image on the front page. I'll check with that developer to see if they can tell me what is happening.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds